The use of pepper in traditional medicine
Though the annual Cayenne pepper (” red pepper “) and “alien” in origin, but it is perceived as our “compatriot”, because in our area a fertile ground for the growth and satisfied customers. We must assume that he came to Europe from South America, probably in the time of Columbus. Some researchers believe that this spice was familiar Latin world in two persons – both as a food and as a medicine. In Mexico a decoction of it is taken in fever and dropsy. Should agree with the Spanish doctor and philosopher of the 14th century by Arnaldo de Villanova, who wrote at Salerno code of health of dry strength and hot pepper. We see it, eating it or using pepper patch.
The annual green pepper, red pepper, hot pepper ( Capsicum annuum L.) is an annual grassy plant in height to 60 see the fruit of the pepper is a large hollow, round or oblong berry, up to 20, see currently, there is a large number of species, among which there are and dlinnoplodnyh with large fleshy fruits, and small-fruited (up to 1 cm), the so-called cherry pepper, different kinds of pepper, from the fruit to extremely hot pepper.
The use of pepper in traditional medicine
Peppers . due to its useful medicinal properties widely used in folk and scientific medicine for the prevention and treatment of many ailments and diseases.
It is now widely known pepper patches, which have been great for colds. bruises, rheumatism, arthritis, sore muscles and joints. When applied topically (rubbed into the skin) red pepper has a warming effect that is used in the treatment of many diseases in Oriental medicine. In influenza such procedure prevents various serious complications.
• Ground red hot pepper has diaphoretic, expectorant and antipyretic properties. Ground pepper mixed with honey in the ratio of one to one and take one teaspoon several times a day, squeezed water.
• Burning peppers should be used inside for the normalization of cerebral circulation.
• Hot pepper prevents the development of atherosclerosis, facilitates
the condition of bronchial asthma, cough, sore throat, flu.
• Due to the presence of red burning pepper ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and vitamin P, it promotes blood circulation, strengthening and cleaning of vessels, lower cholesterol .
• Large amount of vitamin A allows you to use useful properties of pepper to improve vision and formation of the skeleton.
• Hot pepper slows the growth of cancer cells, and the use of Cayenne hot pepper is especially useful in ovarian cancer.
In addition to its wide use as food and medicine, pepper is used in cosmetic and dietary purposes. Alcohol tincture added to cream, ointment and oil as a tonic for the skin. It can also be found in the composition of toothpaste — it will help to cure the gums from bleeding, to accelerate their regeneration and strengthen them. And chilli peppers — a great tool for weight loss. The pepper stimulates circulation and the metabolism, which beneficially affects the breakdown of fat cells. Pepper contains very few carbohydrates and calories, stimulates the removal of accumulated toxins from the colon.
Consumption of pepper helps produce endorphins, the result is pain relief and stress reduction, also, hot pepper, providing analgesic effects, does not cause the numbness. Pepper has a beneficial effect on digestion, improves liver. It should be remembered that all acute, including peppers, contraindicated in gastritis. a stomach ulcer. other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver and kidneys.
Methods of use and manufacture of drugs of capsicum in herbal medicine and folk medicine
• Alcohol pepper tincture (externally): tincture of pepper prepared in 90 % alcohol (1:10). The peppers are crushed and poured rubbing alcohol, insist week, then the infusion is filtered. You can prepare a pepper tincture on vodka. For this purpose 1 part of Cayenne pepper, take 5-7 parts of vodka and insist a little longer (2-3 weeks). It is a transparent liquid reddish yellow color with a pungent taste. When a cold is recommended to wrap the feet with gauze moistened with tincture of pepper on top to wear wool socks and go to bed.
• Alcohol tincture of pepper (inside): 1:10 alcohol 90 %. Tincture take 15 minutes before eating 10-15 drops diluted in 50 ml of water.
• Red pepper cleans the colon and sweat glands. It facilitates the absorption of food so it is eaten with cheese, beans. If the powder of the red pepper wrapped in the flesh of the bread is 2-3 doses a day, it will help dissolve the blood clots.
• Gout: pour 1 part red pepper with 5 parts 70 % alcohol or vodka. Infuse for 7 days in the dark, strain. To lubricate the affected joints.
• Premature aging. Mix 1 teaspoon of red pepper, 500 g of butter and 200 g of honey. Take 4-5 times a day for 1 tablespoon before until the prepared portion ends. Treatment courses can be repeated at intervals of not less than 3 months.
• For colds . A. Placed in 0.5 liters of vodka 1 small pod of red pepper. Insist 7 days in the dark. Take 1 / 4 Cup in the beginning of the disease. B. Grind in a meat grinder 10 pods of red pepper, mix the resulting mass with 1 Cup of sunflower oil and 1 Cup of kerosene. Infuse in a warm place for 10 days. RUB on the night, in the morning to wear wool underwear.
• Sciatica: pour 2 pods of red pepper 1.5 cups of liquid ammonia, insist 2 weeks in a dark place, shaking daily. RUB the sore spots.